Engine nearly ready to come out

I’ve spent the day removing all ancilaries and bolts that hold the Nissan’s engine in, all it’s vital fluids are drained, and it’s now sitting on it’s engine mounts, plus an axle stand under the rear of the gearbox.

It’s ready to be lifted out once I get a chance!

Change of direction

I’ve had a major change of direction with this project! After the car sitting for a couple of years, the Crossflow engine is no longer appealing to me, as having driven my 190bhp Honda Prelude VTEC for the last year, I don’t want my “weekend car” to be less fun, and the Crossflow, without serious money being spent on it, will only give me ~100bhp.

So, instead, I’m going for turbo power. Courtesy of Nissan, I present the S13 200SX:

The engine is a CA18DET, which is a 1.8 litre, 16 valve, twin-cam engine with a Garrett T25, running at 170bhp as standard. Extra power is quite easily obtainable, so a power increase when I get bored is quite easy – and is much cheaper than modifying the crossflow engine.

My task now is to remove the running gear from the 200SX, and modify it to fit the Anglia. The track is 10 inches wider than the Anglia, so I estimate 6 inches will need to come out of the middle of the running gear, in order to keep the wheels within the Anglia arches. Answers on a postcard for that conundrum!



This site will document the modifications to my 1967 Ford Anglia 105E. I’ve had the car since August 2003, but progress has so far been slow.

I started off by deciding to put a 1600 crossflow from a Mk2 Escort into it, so in the first couple of months, I’d stripped out the original engine/gearbox/front suspension, and also bought a Mk2 Escort, and stripped the same out, and got the front crossmember/suspension fitted to the Anglia.

This is where things stopped, as I have been waiting for time to get the car into the garage and get working on it, but my dad’s garage has always been full of his other cars.

So that’s where I am, as of the beginning of April 2006.